I'm going to do a little catching up....it might be a little long so bear with me.
The kids had spring break March 15-19. Afterschool on Friday, March 12th we got in the car and drove for a short spring break trip to California. It was just the kids and I since Travis was on a work trip. I wasn't too nervous about driving in L.A. alone for the first time until I arrived there in Friday night traffic. We had a few mishaps that made or trip rather long but we made it. Boy were we ever glad to arrive at Uncle Michael's and Aunt Carly's.
Nicholas spent awhile digging this hole deep enough for him to stand in.
Austin & Avery soaking up the sun.
Pierson took a face plant in the sand, he didn't seem to mind, but Carly and I felt bad for not catching him.
It was sunny, warm, beautiful and so much fun!
That night we decided to treat the kids by taking them to a favorite - The RainForest Cafe.
That was our Saturday.
On Sunday we went to church. I brought Austin & Pierson home early so Pierson could take a nap. Pierson slept the way home but then woke right up while I was taking him inside. That was fine by me becuase I got some baby time with this cute chubalub. I took his pant off becuase he is so chubby that I thought he might be feeling a little claustrophobic in them. I loved squeezing his thighs.
Baby fat, there is nothing better...but only if you are age 10 or under!
Later that night we went to my cousin David's house for dinner. It was fun getting reacquainted with all of these cousins from my Adams side that I haven't seen in so long.
The next day was a family reunion becuase I went with all those cousins and Aunt Marcia to Knott's Berry Farm. The kids had a blast riding the rides and I had fun catching up with the girls.
I took this picture of the kids in the hot dog cutout and told them I was using it for our Christmas card this year.
We had one mishap, during lunch the kids were all playing by a water fountain, I knew it was an accident waiting to happen but they were all having fun. Then all of the sudden someone yelled and pointed...sure enough Austin fell in, completely in. My cousin Johnny fished him out and he sloshed over to me.
Waiting in the stroller naked.
I found him a nice Charlie Brown outfit (that is the theme of Knott's Berry Farm) for a little over 40 bucks and the day went on.
He and his new friend,cousin Tyler had a great time together in Camp Snoopy!
When we got home that night we had a big surprise waiting for us at Michael & Carly's... Uncle David & Aunt Melissa! Then we really had a FAMILY REUNION. I was so happy to see so many of my family together. David & Melissa were in San Diego on a work trip for David. They had spent the day at Sea World and then made the drive up to see us when they found out we where in CA too. Notice David's face, it was a very warm day.
The next morning we had to head home to get ready to move. The kids were all bummed that the vacation ended so fast. I reminded them that was the deal, a real quick trip to help soften the blow of another move. I kept reminding them and myself "this is the last one". We got home much smoother than our drive there and all got our little bums to work. Packing, Hauling. Packing, Hauling. Packing, Hauling. Packing, Hauling. You get the picture.
That concludes my synopsis of Spring Break I.




We had so much fun with you guys here, even if we were crammed in our little apartment! I think we are going to be heading your way for memorial day! I can't wait to see the new house! I'm glad that moving part is over, it really is the worst.
ReplyDelete