Thursday, March 11, 2010

how many fingers am I holding up, etc....

When Holden got in the car from school, I held up my hand and asked him how many fingers I was holding up. He immediately got a huge grin on his face and said, "How did you know?".

I knew because I got a call from the school nurse letting me know that Holden had been involved in an accident.

It wasn't really an accident but a science experiment gone wrong that resulted in an explosion.

Holden tells me that he and his two partners were enjoying some science free time and where doing a little experiment. The boys' goal was to make something that would "fizz" up. So the boys mixed water, citric acid, and baking soda in a bottle, screwed the lid on and shook.

KAAABOOM! The bottle exploded, the lid shot off and citric acid rained down on them. Holden got some in his eyes so they immediately flushed his eyes and he was just fine. (This is why I got the call from the school nurse)

He could not stop laughing about it last night. I think the boys were in shock, and when they were whisked down to the office/nurse's office they thought they were in big trouble. I ask Holden what his teacher said, he said she just laughed.

Crazy boys!

I always think I will remember the funny things my kids say, and you don't, just like they told me I wouldn't. I should have written more down just like they said! So this time I am writing it down, right here on my blog, so I won't forget.

Austin has been praying for something for about the last two weeks, I have no idea what it means but it is sure funny when he says it so sincerely each day in his prayer.

"Please bless that we won't wiggle Mr. Wooley's hair." Mr. Wooley is actually Sister Wooley who is his Sunday School teacher. I have no idea why they are not supposed to wiggle her hair.

The second "funny" is what Austin calls the computer. Just hours ago he brought me a CD from a dinosaur book and said he wanted to watch it, I told him no that the CD was the kind you put in a computer. He said well then come on mom lets go put it in your MC-COME-POODER. We all love the way he call is a MC-COME-POODER. So funny.

P.S. If you were wondering why my blog design is so lovely, its becuase I thought I could quickly change it and found out I was wrong. I have been too busy trying to organize and pack everything for the move so I haven't had time to fix it. To boot I have one nasty cold that is slowing me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment