I can't stay caught up on life lately. It has something to do with this, my schedule and my over scheduled kids.
Currently I have-
4 kids in 3 different schools
4 different leave times in the morning 7:20, 7:50, 8:10, and 11:45
4 different come home times 2:25, 3:20, 3:30, 3:45
I drive 2 kids and 2 kids ride the bus
2 kids in baseball each have 1 practice and 2 games per week
2 kids in soccer, one has 2 practices and 1 game per week and the other has 1 practice and 1 game
1 kid in football with 1 practice and 1 game
2 kids in piano lessons
1 kid in swimming lessons
2 boys in Scouts
1 Young Women
That is a total of 6 games per week and 9 practices or lessons, then scouts and young women and the extras that get thrown in each week.
And then we are supposed to do homework, read 20 minutes a night, study spelling words, memorize a poem, practice the piano, have dinner together, read the scriptures, say family prayers, do jobs, and SLEEP somewhere in between all these activities.
Oh and then what about a few doctor and dentist appointments each month. Like this important orthodontist appointment on September 21st, Chloe was pretty excited!
before-
and after-
I know what you are saying..."Why do you do this to yourself?" I know that I am the parent who signed up and payed for all of these things, I know, I know. I keep thinking of the talk about good, better, best ... I am going to revisit this talk and then I am going to keep trying to get Travis to agree with me, that this is definitely not best for our family, maybe not even good or better especially for the mental health of this mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You have such perfect handwriting:)
ReplyDelete