Anyway, I will show you a little of what has been keeping me from updating my blog. Get ready because this will probably be a lllooonnnggg post...we've been busy.
Holden had a major bike crash and spent a day recuperating on the couch. We were on a family bike ride so we saw the crash, I couldn't believe it didn't involve stitches or blood. He just had some major bruising and was sore for a few days.
We have been trying out some costume options for Halloween. Do you think I should consider getting hair extensions?
When you move to a completely different climate there are things you have to learn. Things like over seeding you grass. A few weeks ago we had to mow the grass down to the roots basically. Then you seed it with the winter grass seed, sprinkle on manure and wait one week and wallah...spring! Or I think it looks like spring around here because bright green new grass is poking up. This picture shows our lawn and our neighbors, ours is about a week ahead of theirs. Ours is still not up all the way, but oh, it will be lovely to have green grass all winter long!
Speaking of lovely... the weather has been just that. We are in the 80's everyday and the 60's at night. Perfect weather as far as I am concerned. October is a great month to be in Arizona.
Our house is all decked out and ready for Halloween.
But I will tell you that we stink at the whole "BOOing" thing. We got "booed" for the first time the second week in October and then we have been "booed" three times since, and guess what? It took me till like yesterday to get these cookies made and then all the kids were off at activities and I am not a very fast runner so Austin and I just took a plate to the door and then Austin yelled BOO. Now Austin thinks that is what "booing" is. We will try harder next year. I am also feeling guilty because we did not carve pumpkins, and I don't even hate that, I love it! What kind of childhood and I giving my children? I promise kiddos, we will definitely carve pumpkins NEXT year.
Holden went on a scout camp out over the weekend.
Nicholas had a crazy sock day at school.
We have construction going on behind our house that wakes me bright and early every morning. Austin loves to sit in the upstairs window and watch and he frequently yells out to the guys which I am sure gets to be annoying to them. When we bought this house, we inquired and were told that the development behind us would surely not start for at least 2 years. We loved that no one was behind us and we had a nice view of a farm field and mountains (kind of Idahoish). Well so much for an economic slump the neighborhood is going gangbusters and our view will soon be no more. :(
I made the large mistake of dragging Austin to the mall with me last Saturday. He fell asleep on the way there which a disaster in itself. But then I had to wake him and convince him to walk around and shop with me. I made it to two stores and that was only by bribing him with a train ride after I was done. We barely made it through the trip alive.
Austin had a preschool party, they were not allowed to wear their Halloween costumes but they could dress up as a "community helper". Here is Chef Austin with a friend who pushed the boundaries and came as a princess nurse.
I helped in Nicholas' class at his Halloween party. There were 15 other mom's there too and most of us brought treats. It made for a very crowded classroom and a lot of hyper 4th graders but it was fun to spend time with Nic and his classmates.
And of course we spent A LOT of time at soccer, baseball and football practices and games.





No comments:
Post a Comment