Wednesday, October 13, 2010

nyc-part 2

Random snapshots of things I liked.

While in New York we had a cooking lesson from Chef Mattin Noblia.  You might recognize him from season 6 of the show Top Chef.  The food we prepared was delicious!  This was the menu-

Tuscan Bread, Tomato, and Basil Salad
Red Snapper with Olives and Capers
Chive Scented Ricotta Gnocchi in Sage Butter
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic & Chili
Strawberry & Mascarpone Mousse
This was a super fun night, even for a gal who doesn't love to cook!  I discovered that I would love to cook if someone did two things for me 1) decided WHAT I would cook and  2) did the shopping and found all the ingredients. I would gladly whip it all together and CLEAN it up, no problemo! 

We tried to squeeze in as many tourist sights as we could... there is just so much to see.  The New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street, U.S. Custom House, Trump Tower, Radio City Music Hall, Grand Central Station, Time Square, the sight where George Washington took his oath of office as first U.S. President.

Here we are on top of the Empire State Building.

Travis got a good laugh from this lady.  The line at the front of the Wall Street bull is just too long for some so they go to the back where there is a much shorter line. 

I got a laugh from this guy, you see all sorts for sure.


More later.. late for a baseball game.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I really want to take a trip to NYC with Emily since she has never been. I had to comment because I saw a beggar sign like that in Vegas today. I don't think it was working out very well for him though, it didn't look like there was any money in his hat. I want to come visit you this winter. How fun to have a pool.

    Oh, and your story about the guy in his boxers watching tv made me laugh! That is funny:)

    ReplyDelete