Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Super Fly Guy

This is the worst children's book ever (actually I am sure there are worse).  I can't believe we own it, I actually bought this book????

It is Austin's favorite book right now and I have to read it numerous times a day and every night before bed.

I literally want to dry heave every time I read this page-
"She fed Fly Guy chicken bones and fish heads in sour milk.  Fly guy was happy."

Just saying the word sour milk makes me instantly gag, I cannot tolerate sour milk.  I attribute it to all those times that I found a sippy cup of milk under the couch, or under the bed, or in the car, or snuggled in with my sleeping child curdling from body heat, or in the church bag from last Sunday. GAG!


After I read this book, I think, "why don't I write children's books?"  I could if all I have to do is write something better that Tedd Arnold.  It says on the back of the book that Tedd Arnold is a bestselling author and illustrator.  Maybe because idiots like me bought his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment