Thursday, May 20, 2010

cleaning day & a bloody nose

Saturday was a cleaning day. I made the kids clean all day with me.  They hated it and I loved it.  We got so much ground covered and I love getting everything done in one day so then you can just sit back and admire your home and how great it looks when it is perfectly CLEAN. I wish it would last but it is so short-lived and then I'm like "what happened", it was just so clean??? Oh, yah -I have four kids, that's what happened.

Here are the two that were a little more cooperative about the cleaning day than the others.
While we were cleaning Austin was trying to run and slide across the tile on a piece of cardboard.  His surfboard got away from him and he face-planted on the tile and got a HUGE bloody nose.  I was holding him all covered in blood and he almost immediately says, "play the piano-head,shoulders." I am like whatever makes you feel better buddy.  So Chloe holds him while I play with blood covered hands, Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes.  We all start to sing & then he joins in -

head, shoulders, knees, and toes
knees and toes, knees and toes,
head, shoulders, knees and toes
Austin- eyes, ears, BLOODY NOSE.
real words- eyes, ears, mouth and nose

We all burst out laughing.  Austin is a crack-up, where does he come up with this stuff?  And how does his four year old brain think oh, "bloody nose" will fit right in to Head, Shoulders, only 60 seconds after smashing his face on tile?????


No comments:

Post a Comment