Thursday, May 20, 2010

it's the final countdown!

We have this countdown on our chalkboard and it is mostly for me.  I CAN'T WAIT for school to be out. 


Here are some reasons why-
  1. no more waking the kids up and prying them from their beds (2 months ago & always before then, all the kids set an alarm, got up made their bed, got dressed, etc. Now they just turn the alarm off and snooze away.  I guess my world was getting too easy so the kids had to switch it up on me.)
  2. no more lunches to pack
  3. no more telling Chloe to hurry that her brothers are waiting for her
  4. no one asking me "what should I wear today?"
  5. no more end of the year projects or reports or oral presentations
  6. no more homework to check, reading logs to sign or spelling tests to study for
  7. no more convincing Holden & Nicholas to actually GO to school.  Nic has always disliked his new teacher and class here in AZ and as of recently Holden also hates school.  I have to beg, bribe, & bargain just to get the out the door.  It is exhausting!
We are all so excited for summer to be here.  I can't wait to have the kids home without all the sports, commitments and activities.  We are all excited to spend time in Idaho, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment