Chloe took this picture today of our side yard,brought it in and told me to post it on our blog and label it rain. Boy we sure have had A LOT of rain, I am almost feeling like we moved to Seattle. If you know me very well you know that I hate the rain but I am trying to be grateful because I guess Arizona has been in a drought and could really use it. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain free...YEAH!
Chloe and I have been working together on this diorama that she had to do for school. The book she chose "Because of Winn-Dixie" is one of our favorites. We had fun making this miniature scene of the party at Gloria Dump's including her tree of bottles, the Litmus Lozenges and pickles they served at the party. We had to get pretty creative to figure out how we could make miniature pickles. I finally found an old birthday candle that did the trick when we cut it into small pieces.
Other stuff we have been up to-
-Staying up way too late every night watching the Olympics.
-Travis & I started the P90X workout series this morning. We are both already feeling it tonight. Wish us luck to continue because it is HARD stuff.
-Visited with a friend of ours from Idaho Falls this weekend, it was so fun to see her. If we just keep having friends in Phoenix every few weeks I won't be so homesick.
-Was jealous to hear that several family members were going to Grand Targhee to ski today. Wish we could have joined you!
-I was secretly happy today when the rain caused soccer and baseball practices to be cancelled. It is rare that we have NO activities on a school night,we had great night home together as a family. I loved it!




No comments:
Post a Comment