Friday, February 26, 2010

blue & gold

Last night was the Blue & Gold Banquet for Scouts.

Assignment- each boy was to bring a decorated cake
Theme- 100th Birthday of the Boy Scouts
Mom's Assignment- supervise the above, bring baked beans(which I hate so I have never made in my life) and a veggie tray

We started right after school. Nicholas especially like this task because after numerous hotel stays this fall/winter he fell in love with the show "Cake Boss" and told me when he grows up he wants to be a cake boss and decorate cakes. But first he wanted to know if you can get a lot of money being a cake boss.



We got the cakes in the oven and then waited for the fun part....



...decorating! We have a big sticky mess in the kitchen AND two beautifully decorated cakes. Both of them turned out great and Holden & Nic and fun.
Here they are-the best two cakes there (if I were the judge).


HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment