Austin is officially my first child to visit the principal's office.
I thought that visit on Friday would scare the pants off of him, but oh no I got a phone call from his teacher again today(that makes for a total of 3)...ugh... what am I to do with this boy! I dread that this cartoon might be telling the truth.
I stewed all weekend over what I am doing wrong. I thought about what I could do better. I started reading a book about parenting and being a better mom. We had talk after talk about appropriate behavior and listening to his teacher. He sat in his room. He sat on a chair. He played no electronics. He watched no T.V. I even bribed him with a toy for good behavior.
After church on Sunday, I had to rush up to the teacher and ask her for this quote that she used in her lesson, I know I will need to re-read it often. Hopefully, it will sustain me in my course of Parenting 505.
"A sweet and obedient child will enroll a father or mother only in Parenting 101. If you are blessed with a child who tests your patience to the nth degree, you will be enrolled in Parenting 505. Rather than wonder what you might have done wrong in the premortal life to be so deserving, you might consider the more challenging child a blessing and opportunity to become more godlike yourself. With which child will your patience, long-suffering, and other Christlike virtues most likely be tested, developed and refined? Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?"
Is that what this is? A test for me? I will try to get through this a little more Christ-like but Austin might swear that he has met the devil when he gets off the bus today!




No comments:
Post a Comment