Holden had a Scout Court of Honor. Thanks to the Hurst's taking him to Scout camp in Idaho he earned a whole slew of merit badges and advanced 2 ranks!!! I was a proud mama, since 1) I had no idea about the rank thing and 2) I didn't even do a thing (accept pack his bag and fly him there!). I feel like Holden's whole Scouting career has been a success due to the Hurst family, I can't thank them enough!!! I'm trying really hard to keep Nicholas caught up with the legacy Derek and Holden have created. THANK YOU JES & MARCI!!
Holden was loving being 12 this week. Turning 12 means a whole bunch of exciting things in our church. He had a great experience the first Sunday in his deacon's quorum and then that night he went to a Fireside with a bunch of his friends. I drove a carload over to the Stake Center and I just had to take a picture of them. I was surprised they didn't utter a word of complaint and even actually co-operated. Boys at 12 are different than girls at 12. If I would have tried that with Chloe I would have gotten a big eye-roll with a "mmoooooooomm, you are soooooooooooo embarrassing". Don't these boys look sharp! Tonight he is headed off to his first Scout Camp-out and he is super excited.
Getting ready for his camp-out, we took a trip to Sportsman's Warehouse, where we found these sunglasses. I was cracking up because I bought the exact sunglasses(the black & white pair) after 5th grade. We were in Logan, Utah for the summer getting ready to head to our new home in Germany. I just remember wearing those glasses, hanging out with Jenny Watts, walking up and down the sidewalk in front of Jon Reece's house, wishing he would notice me and thinking I was pretty cool. I offered to buy the boys a pair but they both declined. What!!??
Austin has been catching up on all the swimming he missed out on this summer with his broken arm. The doctor actually encouraged A LOT of swimming because he said it is great therapy to help the arm gets it's motion back. He has definitely been getting his "therapy" in.
We actually have to swim because our weather has been HOT! Hot and stormy, we had another haboob last night. We missed the last big one that hit on July 5th, but look at the pictures! They show the dust better than my shots of last night. You can literally see the wall of dust coming towards you and it gets dark in a matter of just a few minutes. It's an eery feeling but I stayed outside to watch until the wind was blowing so hard that I could not open my eyes because of all the dust in the air. This is what it looked like outside our house.
AND Here is the weather report from yesterday. I looked it up because Austin came home from school and reported that they were not allowed to go to recess. I questioned the older boys and he was right. No recess for the little kids and 4th grade and above only got a 5 minutes recess. I knew it felt TERRIBLY HOT yesterday!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! We will because Travis has been on a trip for 9 days and he gets home tonight, YAHOO!
Severe | ! |
Mostly Cloudy Dangerous heat index. Outdoor exposure should be limited. | |
111°F |







Those storm clouds are amazing. (And a little scary too). I saw some fake boy glasses at Gymboree. You need to go get a pair for Austin!
ReplyDeleteI agree! That storm looks crazy! I have some updates on your 5th grade crush for you if you ever want to hear...did you know he married a friend of mine? They are going through a nasty divorce. I remember egging his house with Natalie one time when I was spending the night at your Grandma Adams house. I think it was me who blew our cover. I remember feeling so bad about that. I guess I'm not the best egging buddy:)
ReplyDelete