The night before we left Idaho we went to the rodeo. It turned into a family event with my brother and SIL and 3 of their girls, my sis and BIL and their 6 kids and us and our 4. We had a great time. The rodeo is always so fun and was something our family had fun doing each year when we lived in IF. This particular rodeo is called the War Bonnet Round-up.
My brother had connections so before the rodeo officially started the kids got to go back and ride on the Senior Rodeo Queen's horse. The queen was a girl named Hannah. The picture below is not Hannah but Chloe liked this cowgirl's get-up. Things have come a long way since back in my day when a cool cowgirl would wear Rocky Mountains, a chambray shirt and some red Ropers.
This entertainment was pretty amazing. My pictures of it are not.
But the highlight of the night was the bull riding, of course. Austin got a little tired waiting for it to start and fell asleep.
All the cousins minus Chloe who is too school for cool.
Two rowdy cowboys.All this rodeo action really made my sister and I want to rush home and watch this movie. One of our all time favorites back in the day. I still highly recommend this classic if you have not seen it. I am going to track it down in the very near future because I told Chloe we could watch it together and I got an eye roll from Travis. The same eye roll I got about 17 years ago when we were dating and I dragged him to my house so we could watch it for a date. He does not appreciate Layne Frost the way Natalie and I do. There is a chance that Natalie and I appreciate him a bit more because he is played by Luke Perry and this movie came along shortly after the "90210" days. I guess maybe you could say he was the Brad Pitt of my late teens and early 20's ??? or maybe I just like the movie? Anyway rent it you won't be sorry.






No comments:
Post a Comment