Wednesday, January 26, 2011

snow day 2

Remember last year's SNOW DAY? I blogged about it here.  Well this year I got to be the mom helper in charge of snow day.  It really is the easiest party of the year because the snow is the party so you don't have to do much more than that.  We had cookies and hot chocolate.  We played pin the carrot on the snowman and made some cute little snowglobes but mostly the kids just played in the snow.  Austin loved it but told me it wasn't as fun as Idaho.  He thinks Idaho is the BEST for everything lately!  It is definately better for snow but you can't beat playing in the snow in 70 degree weather!
 Nicholas got to sneak out of class to play in the snow, his teacher said all "siblings" qualified.  Lucky duck.


Note the bare feet.  Austin wore his rain boots because I left his snow boots & snow pants in Idaho after Christmas. It didn't work out so great, he was soaking wet from the waist down.  Hopefully there will be real snow left when we go to Idaho in February.  Austin doesn't even know that he is going, he doesn't deal well with things that are too far away, so I will tell him when we are about 3 days away from going.  He will be so excited for 2 reasons- 1) to play in the snow and 2) to see his new cousin Sophie, he talks about her everyday.  I don't know if it is becuase he is excited about a baby or that he loves the name Sophie?

No comments:

Post a Comment