Friday, January 28, 2011

pinewood derby

Nicholas had his pinewood derby last night for Scouts.
This is Nic's car, an army vehicle, of course.  Nic and I did the paint job and Travis and Nic worked on everything to make it go FAST.  We had to put a few phone calls into Lewis (the master car maker) to help us out, he knows all the tricks of the trade. The last time Holden and Nic had the pinewood derby, Lewis really pretty much built the cars for us.  But obviously Travis learned a few tricks because Nic's car did surprisingly well!  He came in 5th out of 20, and according to Nic if they could have disqualified the cheaters he would have won 2nd.  My boy isn't the least bit competitive, can you tell?  (He actually was a good sport and was happy with his performance.)

Oh, and let me add that once again Brother Cassinat is AMAZING!  He made each boy a display case for their car, that you see in the picture above.  He is so awesome and Holden was totally jealous that he never got one.

Chloe was the official "track girl", she was in charge of releasing the "go" button.  I'm not sure how she scored the job but I was glad she enjoyed herself, since it is normally hard to convince her to attend such events.

Holden and all his friends have advanced to 11year old Scouts, but they ALL have younger brothers so they were a good cheering section.
Nic and his friend Casey and their FAST CARS!
Travis missed all the fun because he is out of town.  How do you like Austin's face covered in graphite dust?

1 comment:

  1. Since I am the only one who comments, I'll just go ahead and comment every time, okay?

    Kacie was in charge of the pinewood derby for her ward. I am going to tell her to look at the picture of the display case and see what a slacker she was. . . That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete