Monday, January 10, 2011

back from a winter wonderland, kinda

Well we are home from our trip to Idaho. I spent last week taking down the Christmas decor and then reorganizing a bunch of cupboards, closets and the garage.  I feel pretty darn organized except for my filing cabinet that has 6 months worth of paperwork stacked on top of it that needs to be filed.  I am going to try and tackle that project this week.  Today I have every speck of laundry done and the house is relatively clean.

You are wondering if I am wonder-woman, right??? No, it is just that Travis went on a trip to Atlanta on Friday and was supposed to be home Sunday morning.  They decided to have him fly up to Tennessee to meet some people there and so he wouldn't be home until Sunday night.  Then a freak snow storm hit the South.  Have you heard about it?  They have cancelled over 1000 flights out of Atlanta.  Things are backed way up and it is a snowy icy mess there.  That leaves Travis stranded in Johnson Town, TN with no flight in the near future.  He has booked four different flights trying to get home, all of which have been cancelled.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that flights will go out tomorrow.  While he is gone I am either completely lazy or a cleaning machine.  If I had a good book to read I would probably go with the first option but I have finished up both books I had on hand so I have cleaned and organized and it feels pretty good.

So back to the snow thing, we are home and definitely have no snow but Travis is right back in it.  Austin says to me every few days- "I hate Arizona, it is so boring and it doesn't even snow."  The kids all spent hours in the snow while we were in Idaho. My parents have a great sledding hill right in their backyard, we spent a day skiing at Grand Targhee and they went to a couple of different friends to be pulled on sleds behind the 4-wheeler.  I don't have that many pictures of them because I didn't want to brave the cold to go out and snap pics, brrrrrrr! I do have plenty of pics I snapped through the car window though.
 
If you don't believe me, that it was frigid cold, here is the temperature one day!
This is what people in Idaho do to pass the winter away.
 We thought this was the cutest most perfect snowman!  Way to go Idaho!
Okay I cannot finish this post because I just learned that I have reached the maximum of 1 GB of space allowed on google blog/Gmail.  I had to purchase more storage but that will take 24 hours to go into effect and for now it will not let me upload another single picture.  I could probably erase pictures but that is taking too much brain effort for me to figure out.  So there will be a part 2, coming tomorrow.  Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment