Monday, January 10, 2011

books

Here is a list of the books I read in 2010-

The Hunger Games                                                                Suzanne Collins (reread for fun)
Catching Fire                                                                         Suzanne Collins (reread for fun)
The Continuous Atonement                                                      Brad Wilcox
A Mother's Book of Secrets                                                   Linda Eyre & Shawni Pothier
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn                                                     Betty Smith
The Help                                                                               Kathryn Stockett
A Reliable Wife                                                                      Robert Goolrick X (would not recommend)
A Far, Far Better Place Vol.2                                                Anita Stansfield
Seven Miracles That Saved America                                      Chris Stewart & Ted Stewart
House Rules                                                                          Jodi Picoult
The Mysterious Benedict Society                                           Trenton Lee Stewart
A Loving Heart Vol. 3                                                           Anita Stansfield
Hotel On the Corner of Bitter & Sweet                                  Jamie Ford
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner                                   Stephenie Meyer
Fishers of Men (The Kingdom of the Crown series)               Gerald Lund
Sarah's Key                                                                          Tatiana De Rosnay
The Namesake                                                                      Jhumpa Lahiri
Little Bee                                                                              Chris Cleave ? (questionable)
Mockingjay                                                                           Suzanne Collins
Tranquil Light Vol. 4                                                              Anita Stansfield
Come Unto Me (The Kingdom of the Crown series)               Gerald Lund
The Kitchen House                                                                Kathleen Grissom
Catholic Roots to Mormon Harvest                                        Eric Shuster
Undressing the Moon                                                             T. Greenwood X(would not recommend)
Every Graceful Fancy Vol. 5                                                  Anita Stansfield
Young Men and Fire                                                              Norman Maclean (very boring to me )
In the Dark Streets Shineth                                                     David McCullough
When Crickets Cry                                                                 Charles Martin
The Children You Want with the Kids You Have                    Marie Ricks

I keep a list of the books I read in the back of my calendar and someone saw it and told me that I should post this list so they could get "good read" ideas.  I am always looking for a new and good book to read, so feel free to pass your ideas on to me.  I mostly just read for entertainment so you won't see too many intellectual picks or literary greats on my lists.  I do try to challenge myself once in awhile, though.

If I had to pick a favorite book this year it would probably be On the Corner of Bitter & Sweet.  It is historical fiction.  It was a great love story and also taught me some U.S. history that I didn't know much about.

I was most surprised that I enjoyed the Kingdom of Crown Series by Gerald Lund.  When I first started reading, it almost felt wrong to me that I was reading about Christ's life here on earth in the form of a novel.  I kept reading though and ended up loving it, intrigued and had a much clearer understanding of some of the things going on in the world at that time. I was able to put myself in the position of the characters and say "would I have believed?".  I have only read the first 2 books but I will definitely read the third which covers the last week of Jesus' life on earth, I will probably save it for the spring and read it nearer to Easter.

HAPPY READING!

P.S. It really bugs me that blogger doesn't have an option for lists with columns.  I don't like that the authors are all screwompous and not in a neat line, so sorry, but is the best I could do with the tools I have.

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the reader! My goal for 2011 is ten books. That will be eight or nine more than 2010.

    You should read The Devil's Highway. It's a little rough, but an interesting read, especially since you live in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete