Here is the wikipedia definition for the show and the character, Mr. Lopart.
Handy Manny is an animated children's television program launched in 2006, part of the Playhouse Disney morning block of the Disney Channel. The show features the adventures of Manny Garcia, a bilingual Hispanic handyman, and his anthropomorphic, talking tools. It also teaches young children the beginnings of Spanish and the importance of cultural diversity.
Leonard Francis Lopart, usually called Mr. Lopart (voiced by Tom Kenny) — Slightly campy owner of a candy store next to Manny's workshop. He is a single middle aged man who lives happily with his cat Fluffy. There hasn't been a reference to him ever being in a romantic relationship, although he does have an excellent loving relationship with his mother. Mr. Lopart's know-it-all unusually high level of self confidence, attitude and refusal of Manny's assistance often lands him in trouble, usually resulting in his falling on the floor or on the objects he lifts. It should be pointed out that Mr. Lopart has accepted help from Abuelito on occasion which suggests the issue he has is actually receiving help from someone his junior.
Now you are wondering why I am sharing this? It is because I have my own Mr. Lopart.
Every time I get Austin out of the bath I comb his hair like this, always have. He doesn't wear his hair like this normally so sometimes I just want the nostalgia of that "classic little boy hair". Then one day he looks in the mirror at himself and says to me- "I LOOK LIKE MR. LOPART!" I burst out laughing and it still makes me laugh, now we kind of have a thing going. When he has a bath he knows he will have Mr. Lopart hair. Once in awhile he will say, "do my hair like Mr. Lopart", what a funny kid!





No comments:
Post a Comment