If you asked Chloe about our night last night she would say it was "AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and it was. Chloe and I went on a mother/daughter date to the Mindy Gledhill concert that was hosted by Christian and Stephanie Nielson (all of which we love).
Let me tell you something about myself, I do not get all worked up about celebrities or famous people, just don't. We frequently see,Chester Bennington ,who is singer for Linkin Park, at Nic's baseball games. Travis thinks it is neat and wants me to walk over and get a picture or autograph, I say for what? I feel pretty much the same about any celebrity or sports figure, why would I want a piece of paper with their name on it? I might snap a picture,maybe.
This being said, Chloe was a little more gaga over the fact that we got to see these people than I was. Don't get me wrong I thought it was neat and thoroughly enjoyed myself. But then I started thinking "so what if she was starstruck?", I'm actually thankful that she is so gaga over these particular women. Stephanie is a women who I admire immensely, she has taught me so much about enduring and I love that she shares her testimony every chance she gets. Mindy writes great music that has clean lyrics, she dresses modestly and is a good role-model of someone who has followed her dreams without foregoing the calling of a wife and mother. AND, we both enjoy them, to boot.
Here are the pics of the night.
Chloe and her friend before the concert started.
these two girls were sitting directly in front of us
as well as the rest of the family (I know I said I didn't get starstruck) and for those of you who do not read the Nie Nie Dialogues you are completely lost
Mindy rocking out on her keytar
Mindy's keyboard guy - I must say the strangest man I have seen in a long time, the picture does no justice.
Chloe got to go up on stage, she was so excited. Mindy gave them all a beat that they were supposed to clap to, and unfortunately Chloe is like the rest of our family- musically challenged, she said the beat was too complicated and she couldn't figure it out. (It have to say it was hard.) She did fine faking it, I didn't even notice. Mindy even complemented Chloe on her cute outfit!
AND THE GRAND FINALE!
Chloe and Nie Nie
A few other random pics.
All and all great night...thanks Chloe for talking me into taking you!





I am just catching up on your blog and your life. How fun to go to a Mindy Gledhill concert! I listened to her song "Anchor" for a week straight on repeat:)
ReplyDeleteThat's so fun that you got to see the N family. I really love her blog too and although I don't keep up with it as much anymore her positive attitude has had a big impact on me. I was reading that she and her husband go on a movie date night each week so I sent her some tickets to our theaters since they live down there. One time I decided to email her a picture I took of the "VaNIElla" cupcake at the Sweettooth Bakery and she emailed me back and asked if she could use it. Totally made my week:) I think Jodi Conlin knows her sister Courtney.
Will you be at the family Christmas Party on Saturday?