Look at the cute picture of my twin nephews. I hear they are doing great and can't wait to meet them in a couple of weeks!
I never posted the last and final updates, so even though they are old I will still blog them just so I can remember.
My mom wrote on May 16th, 2011-
Just thought I'd give a little report before I literally drop into bed tonight. Melissa has been home from the hospital since Friday afternoon. I see improvement each day. She is very tired and sleeps alot - 5 hour naps, 16 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Today was better, I've suspected part of her extreme tiredness is the pain medication. Today she went 6 hours between pills and I could see a difference. I took her in for blood tests and her blood is still all off, so they continue to try to regulate it. It's a fine line between clots and bleeding. We stopped by to see the boys. They have been moved to the "older" babies NICU. Melissa fed Maxwell a bottle and I fed William one. Maxwell is now 3# 15 oz. and William is 4# 7 oz. It was the first time I've seen them with sleepers on, always before they've only had a diaper. They have moved them to a crib. Each day is a step forward it seems. It is a blessing that they are being well cared for because I don't think we are ready for it. They are very tiny.
David and Melissa's friends have been very helpful by watching the girls for a few hours, driving carpool and an occasional meal. This whole things is a group project. I continue to stay and care for the girls and "run" the household. I hope I'm making a difference. Sometimes the little girls get frustrated and would rather have their mother. Tomorrow, Melissa's mother is coming during the day to spell me off. It is Gary's birthday and I thought I would spend it with him. He made other plans and is going to Yellowstone for the day with his Uncle Rex. It will be a good break for him as well.
Thanks for all your prayers and inquires. We all appreciate your love and concern. I'm so glad Melissa is with us! MA
And my brother's last update from May 27th-
I thought I would give everyone a quick update since today it has been 4 weeks from our most eventful day.
Melissa is doing awesome. It is remarkable one’s body can recover, change, and heal so quickly. She looks fabulous and is getting stronger every day. She is back to a pretty normal schedule, a little slow in her walk and still a little sore from incisions, but other than that you would never know. Wednesday they took out the filter or basket successfully. There were no new or residual clots. Now that things are calm and good it is interesting to listen to the doctors admit how bad, tense, and nervous they were the first go around. They have taken Melissa off all her blood pressure medicine. She still monitors it each day, but it has stayed within range all week. She will stay on blood thinner for probably 3 months. They now tell her she can breastfeed after they originally told her no way, so she is mad dashing to get that back. So far it is a little sparse, but she is successfully gaining ground.
Maxwell and William are doing great. They took their feeding tubes out last weekend and they have taken bottles successfully since. They feel slow and have to burp regularly or the milk doesn’t settle well. They have both come off oxygen a couple time and then gone back on, but are both currently off. They both past their hearing test earlier this week and their eye tests yesterday. We believe we are down to days of coming home, but you never know from day to day or from informant to informant. William remains just enough ahead in Maxwell weight that you can tell them apart, but they definitely look like Adams kids. We are all excited for them to come home; just want to make sure their development is at a safe stage.
Special thanks to mom for being such a great help and hope you have a great birthday Sunday.
Love you all!
David G. Adams
The boys both came home on May 28th, 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks so much for the update. That picture at the top is so precious. Although I don't have any wish of my own for twins (Irish twins are close enough for me) newborn twin photos just completely melt my heart.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you!
And I am so so so glad to hear that Melissa is recovering and the boys are progressing.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful news! I hadn't heard they were home. I hope David is finding time to sleep!
ReplyDelete