While the lima beans were cooking, the kids painted rainbow pictures.
Then we all tried lima beans. I don't think I have ever had them before. Add some salt and they aren't that bad, almost like eating edamame beans. One little boy loved them, but all the rest tried one bean and then went for the Skittles. We played a game using the different color of Skittles and also had rainbow sherbet.
Here they all are in their rainbow hats. I lucked out. I went to Target to pick up Skittles and they had these cute hats in the dollar section - couldn't resist!
This has been such a fun summer activity for Austin. It is every Tuesday from 10:30 to noon. Some of the other books have been- Green Eggs & Ham, Teddy Bear’s Picnic, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, If you give a Mouse a Cookie, If you give a Pig a Pancake, The Little Red Hen – w/w bread, Curious George and the Pizza, Bread and Jam for Frances – homemade bread and jam, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.





What a great idea!
ReplyDelete