Here is today's update from my brother-
To the eye Melissa still looks much better each day. The boys are doing very well. Melissa has been able to see them twice and hold them. I really think it gave her a boost. We named them Maxwell and William.
We are still digesting the miracle of the progress thus far. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard medical personnel say after hearing what happened “did she die” or “is she dead”. The last doctor said it is a medical anomaly that she lived and statistics he has studied show neurological damage in 85% of those 10-20% that survive which we haven’t seen any signs of. I found out she quit breathing for around 90 seconds before they were able to get her on a life support. I would say I was in the room for about 20 seconds of that, but it seems like minutes.
We are still battling some serious concerns. She is still on oxygen, her blood pressure is still high, she only has half the blood a normal person does, and her kidney function is at 20% and dropping. They just had a kidney specialist come in and they are starting her on some treatments to see if they can get the kidney to at least stop dropping in function. They need to give her blood, but have some concern because they tried in ICU and she had a reaction of shortness of breath and chest tightness.
We continue to appreciate everyone’s prayers and support. Family, friends, ward members, employers and co-workers have been extraordinarily helpful, kind, patient and understanding in our time of need and absence.
Thank you very much.
David G. Adams
Here are some pictures although not very good ones, they were all taken on phones.
William David
born 4-29-2011 and weighed 3 pounds 14 ounces
Maxwell David
born 4-29-2011 and weighed 3 pounds 3 ounces
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thanks so much for the update- what a miracle! We will keep praying.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I can't leave comments on your blog from my phone.
Thanks for keeping us updated, our prayers are with Melissa and her family.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Heidi we just heard about this today. Bill and I don't know your brother and his wife well but do know they are very special people. They and thier family are in our prayers! As well as all of you. We will keep checking back for updates.
ReplyDelete