Wednesday, August 4, 2010

journey to utah/idaho

I am going back about six weeks to document our trip this summer. This was on our way to Salt Lake where we stopped for a few days to visit my parents, celebrate Father's Day with Travis and then drop him off at the SL airport so he could come back home & work while we played in Idaho.

On Sunday morning we went to the "Sounds of Sunday" at the Conference Center. Austin stayed home with Grandpa and they went on a hike up the canyon to look for rocks.  Afterwards we walked back to G & G's apartment where we had a delicious Father's Day brunch.

Then all of us went on a hike up to the Utah Capitol building.  I had never been inside and discovered it is a very pretty building.



No one is around in the Capitol on Sunday, the doors are open but there isn't a soul around.  I am sure if there were someone they wouldn't want little hooligans hanging from the statues.


or riding the wild buffalo
or trying to wrestle them head on...very dangerous


My mom showed the kids a small pioneer cemetery she found while walking to work.  The kids liked looking through the names on this headstone and saying, "how would you like it if your name was Moriancumer Jedidiah?".

And of course, I love looking at the flowers around the Temple Square area.

But my favorite part was seeing this....

I got so excited about getting to my favorite part, I got a little ahead of myself.  After our journey to the Capitol we dropped Travis off at the airport and said our sad goodbyes and then we booked it up I-15 to get to Idaho Falls in time for James' 9th birthday celebration.  AAH, home at last!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TRAVIS & DAD(S)!

No comments:

Post a Comment