Saturday, August 21, 2010

a belated birthday celebration

Holden had his 11th birthday on July 14th while we were at Bear Lake.  We have celebrated his birthday there for the last 3 years but for some reason this year I couldn't get it all together before we left Idaho Falls so I told him we would celebrate with his cousins at Bear Lake and then when we got home to AZ we would celebrate his birthday again on August 14th with just our family. 

August 14th snuck right up on me but we still did some celebrating.  Holden invited a friend and we went to the movie "Despicable Me". We had his cake and most importantly he got his present(s)!

Bear Lake Celebration




We went for snow cones instead of cake the day of his birthday.  We think this particular snow shack located in Garden City, UT next to the KOA has the best snow cones on earth.  Holden got the "volcano" since it was his birthday. If you notice the pout face Nicholas has in the above picture, it is because he didn't get a "volcano".

Celebration II at home



Happy Birthday Holden boy!  I can't believe you are eleven.  Please don't get any older, pretty soon I am going to have a house full of teenagers and that makes me feel old.  I liked it when I had a house full of toddlers.  But no matter how old you are, I love you!

P.S. Don't even think about buying another lizard with this batch of birthday money.

No comments:

Post a Comment