Monday, August 23, 2010

first day of school

7:20 a.m.
a sevey...
That is what Travis likes to call her, now that she is a seventh grader.  I guess that is what they called you in Shelley way back when he was a seventh grader.  When I was a seventh grader it was just called awkwardness.  Chloe doesn't have that awkwardness, she must have gotten over that stage back in 5th grade or something because she waltzed right into seventh grade without even batting an eye.   I never had the kind of confidence this girl does.  I was nervous for her. I kept asking her- are you okay? do you know where all your classes are?  do you know the order?  do you remember where they all are?  are you nervous?  look here is the map and I wrote numbers, just follow it like this, okay?  You know what Chloe says to me?  "Mom, its fine, I'm not that nervous, and if I can't find my class there will be teachers I can ask."  Calm as can be, and with that she got on a bus and off to Junior High, just like that. 

Now that we are about three weeks into school, I can say with 100% assurity, WE HAVE A TEENAGER on our hands. YIKES! Keep our family in your prayers.

7:50 a.m.
the boys go out the door to their new school


We decided to transfer the boys and try out a Charter School this year.  So far, they have both loved it.  The first day of school it was like 112 degrees but the rule at the new school, is you have to wear long pants unless you are wearing the "uniform" shorts & shirts.  The only problem, we did not get their "uniform" shirts before the first day so they were not allowed to wear the shorts.  So dripping with sweat, jeans it was.

Luckily, the shirts were delivered and here they are on the second day, in their spiffy uniforms.


Chloe and I had a hard time finding a cute backpack that was big enough to haul ALL her stuff in.  Here is AZ, for safety reasons, there are NO lockers at the Jr. High or H.S.  You have to carry everything around with you.  That is why you need the very large backpack.  And of course you have to look cute while doing it.  Remember those huge Espirit bags we hauled everything around with in Belgium.  The one that caused Jennifer a shoulder injury. It is so important to look cute.  And because you always want to look cute... we had to embellish Chloe's backpack.  Here is how it turned out.


Pretty Cute. That goes for the backpack and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment