Holden's birthday money was burning a hole in his pocket yesterday and he decided he was going to buy a pet with the money. As you know Travis thinks we aren't really a "pet" kind of family. There is a list a mile long of the "absolutely no-ways" so we were very limited when we set out on our trip to Pet Co/Pet Smart. I was thinking a turtle, a lizard, or a frog would fly with both Holden & Travis. But just to make sure there would be no freaking out Holden called Travis on the way there and also got the "no-way" on those too. Turtles stink and the lizard & the frog are both reptiles. I got on the phone and said "well just what can he buy, a fish??" I already knew a fish wasn't what Holden had in mind so I just had to override the veto power of a pet-hating husband.
After three trips to the pet store and one to Wal-Mart we finally purchased - JETER! He is a Chinese Water Dragon.
Oh the excitement!
Travis was less than thrilled when he got home. I will just say I hope Jeter never escapes his terrarium or Holden & I are in BIG trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Happy Bday Holden! I am the pet-hatin' parent at our house:) Zhu Zhu pets are the only pets around here:)
ReplyDelete