I love the 4th of July and more specifically I love the 4th of July in Idaho Falls. I'm sure it is great other places but after 15 years of the same thing we have some serious traditions that we love. Our regular 4th of July plans were tweaked slightly this year for two reasons- 1) we don't live in our house right off the parade route anymore so we couldn't host our annual bar-b-que after the parade & 2) we don't work for Melaleuca anymore so we got to see the fireworks from the other side of the river. The day was still as great as ever even with the changes.
Our day starts with the parade. It was a little brisk and we were glad for once that we were on the sunny side of the street.
The highlight of the parade was the Sundaes firetruck, when it passed the Adams cousins said the kids could all jump on board and ride the rest of the parade route. What a thrill to be in the parade, they are planning to ride the entire route next year on the firetruck.
The afternoon was relaxing... Chloe went to a bar-b-que at a friend's and then went to the movies. We ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant in IF (Jalisco's). The boys played baseball and Austin & I snuck in a quick nap!
Then it was off to the Chukars baseball game with our friends, the Hurst's.
Austin with a cotton candy goatee or is trying to be Abe Lincoln?
Running the bases after the game and getting autographs from Charlie the Chukar.
After the game we walked to the river and met back up with the family to watch the fireworks.
Chloe went from this...
to this....
Maybe she should have had the nap. Actually she was disgruntled by the new location to view the fireworks. She just wanted to go back to the Shilo and watch the fireworks in "peace & quiet". She didn't like the mobs of rowdy people we were fighting and the cigarette smoke, etc. etc. Actually we all agreed that the viewing is definitely better on the other side of the river so we will return there next year. I just love to hear the patriotic music blaring while I watch the show and we didn't even think to bring a radio so next year... near the Shilo I must be.
Happy Birthday America!




No comments:
Post a Comment