Wednesday, June 9, 2010

summer rules & summer jobs

I officially posted the summer rules on the chalkboard Monday and I started summer jobs.  I let the kids ease into summer leisurely last week and this week I am Sergeant Mom.  Because we will not be at home for most of the summer I wanted rules that I could implement anywhere.  They are pretty simple & basic. I wish they weren't so basic.. like I wish I could say T.V. off at 9:00 and doesn't get turned back on unless it is a special occasion (that would be never). I want them to master their multiplication tables and read tons of books and work on Scouts and learn to cook stuff.  But you know... my kids already think I am the meanest mom on the block and of course no one else's mom makes her kids work as hard or as long as I do. So I say to that "GET TO WORK!"

1 comment:

  1. I love how organized you are. Someday, someday, maybe I can be more like that!

    ReplyDelete