Monday, June 7, 2010

melting

 It is scorching HOT down here in AZ!

We went to a fun swim resort last week to try and beat the heat.  The kids had a great time.  Here are some shots of the trip.  We spent two days there, just me and the kids, and a lot of other moms and their kids.


Today was so hot that I had a million kids in & out of the house all afternoon just after I spent all morning cleaning it. I couldn't make them go outside any longer when I saw their red faces and sweaty heads.  I can't wait until we have our pool so I can send them all out back to cool off.  We literally went through three boxes of  Capri Suns today and about 100 Otter Pops.  I don't care so much that we went through all that as much as I care that about half of all that sticky-sugary liquid ended up on my floor that I spent all morning mopping.

Another joy of summer besides sticky floors and constant messes.... Destruction....

I am not sure if this is due to boys, or tile floors, or boys stuck in the house due to extremely hot weather all day,but this is not the first "accident" that has happened, it is more like the fourth.  The little birdie you see has been glued for the third and final time, it's partner birdie is not so fortunate, this time there were just too many parts missing to glue it back together.  Hey boys, just to let you know I like my stuff, quit ruining it!

Oh, and one last thing. Chloe's fish died today.  She wanted me to post this event. I am secretly happy because I didn't want to deal with finding a babysitter for a 15 cent fish that she won at the school carnival while we are going to be gone. RIP little goldfish.

1 comment:

  1. I have a decoration very similar to the one that got broken...did you get yours at Tai Pan Trading by chance?

    ReplyDelete