Wednesday, August 8, 2012

first day of school

By 8:30 today, I was alone, it was quiet, I cleaned up and it stayed that way.
I did, actually, feel a little twinge of sadness as I walked away from Austin in this picture. He did not seem sad at all. I don't know why this year it has hit me more than last, that I will never have little kids at home again.  They are all growing up and SO fast.

Chloe was a little nervous for her first day of high school.  She has NEVER been nervous for anything before, except maybe the first day of 6th grade after our move to AZ in the middle of the year.  She and I went to the HS yesterday and walked her schedule, twice.  Her HS is big!  I told her it seemed more like a college campus to me.  I about had a heart attack when I went to pay her fees...185 dollars!! I had better start saving for 2 years from now when I will have 3 kids in HS.
Chloe felt a little sick this morning and I told her that I was sure it wasn't from nerves but from the rude awakening of getting up at 5:30 A.M. The first day is always brutal. The bus comes at 7:00 and her high school starts at 7:30, ugh, that means much earlier mornings for me too.Chloe was NOT happy about riding the bus to school.  This is our drive to the bus stop.  Lately she hates when I take ANY pictures of her and she was so mad that this is what I got-
Next off to Junior High was Holden.
I also went with him last night to walk through his classes and meet his teachers.  I was a little worried for him but he came home all smiles and said he didn't have to look at his map once. He met up with the "rat pack" to ride his bike to school.
I drove these two to school and it is a good thing that I did because the kids were still waiting for the bus to come when I got back home. It was 30 minutes late picking up and I waited for 25 minutes  in 117 degree weather after school for them.  Needless so say I was hotter than a pistol, literally!


I spent the rest of my day helping someone organize their kitchen.  I really love to do this and would like to find a better avenue to market my skills.  Here is a peek at what we got done, I love to see the before and afters!  So satisfying to see the difference. Too bad you can't see what we did inside those cabinets.  CALL 1-800 DE-CLUTTER if interested....just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. Waited and waited for the post. No wonder it took so long - all your cute little "additions". In the mean time Dad and I went to the movie. Looks like you are all off to a good start for the school year, wished I could have seen everyone in person, but thanks for the pictures to help us get an idea of everyonne's first day. I'm wondering why you didn't declutter me while you were visiting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you could have decluttered on over to my house while you were at it! I am itching to get to a bunch of things in my house actually, but not with all the kids around. Not even worth it. :) Cute pictures! So glad you are blogging again. I think you should post a bunch of before and afters and soon your blog will go national! :)

      Delete