Sunday, November 6, 2011

halloween 2011

You might notice a theme in the costumes this year.  While we were on our cruise last spring the boys all begged for various souvenirs along the way.  I told them I would only buy them if they promised to use them for Halloween costumes.  Thus, the Jamaican dreads, Mexican sombrero, and Mexican wrestler mask.
This is Nicholas with his friend Joey.  They were a small Mariachi Band.
And here is Austin as a Mexican Luchador.  El Diablo Luchador to be exact.  He loved his costume.  And we love the movie Nacho Libre, so it was perfect.
Here is the handiwork of our friend, Jenny.  She is an AWESOME face painter. The boys did a Spook Alley at our ward party so she painted them up for that.  Chloe and her friend just wanted their faces painted for fun and look how great they turned out.
Here are some pictures from the party we hosted for Halloween.  It was a ton of fun and I think will be an annual event.  In all honesty, it was pretty much a full time job for 4 weeks leading up to it (preventing my blogging) but was worth it.  We put it on with another couple and had about 60 people there.  Most of them went way out on costumes and there were some really good ones.
Here are the boys with some friends before heading out the door to go trick-or-treating.  Chloe was already gone to go with her friends and I couldn't talk her into a picture before hand.
We had to squeeze in our traditional dinner of Shepard's Pie before the festivites began.  Grandma was visiting and bought the boys their FAVORITE, Jones pop, to have as a Halloween treat.
 Hope your Halloween was as jam-packed and as FUN as ours!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have ever recognized Holden. Adam is a little jealous of El Diablo.

    ReplyDelete