There were wagon rides-
A primary parade around the softball fields-
Our family looked a little more like bank robbers than pioneers.
They all whined about the very short walk. Sometimes you think you kids will get things and they don't. Come on its Pioneer Day where we honor those who walked a thousand + miles for months in terrible conditions to make it to SLC and my kids says, "this is bbbbooorrrriiinnnggg", I don't want to walk in this 7 second parade.
The dunking machine was very popular and I didn't take any pics of that because I was too busy visiting. They had delicious scones and yellow watermelon(which I have never heard of in my life).
Later that night, Chloe, my mom and I went to see the movie 17 Miracles. I thought the movie was so great that I took the rest of my kids back to see it a couple of nights later. A few of my favorite parts-
I loved this part at the end of the movie about Levi Savage, I was impressed with the character he showed in the movie after continually being chastised (I wonder why they were so hard on him????). It just seems so many of us today are so quick to be offended and use that as a personal excuse for our lameness. Levi Savage was definitely NOT lame and is a hero of mine!
Who couldn't fall for the love story that this tree represents. Go and see the movie to find out more.
You are probably wondering why I brought my camera to take pictures during the movie. Well, the first time I went, I loved a quote at the end of the movie by President Hinckley but couldn't remember it in it's entirety, searched the Internet for an hour after the movie and still couldn't find it. My sister went and I sent her with my camera to snap a picture of the quote. She came home with this...
Dang! and she was so focused on getting the picture she didn't even get to read the quote.
So when I went the second time I was determined to get the quote, and I DID. I love it, so appropriate for Pioneer Day.
"I hope you never get over being thankful to them. Let us read again and again, and read to our children, and our children's children, the accounts of those who suffered so much." -President Gordon B. Hinckley
Amen and Happy Pioneer Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment