Nicholas turned eleven.
Hard to believe this was him about six years ago. He was my baby then, and his life was just about to change...Austin would soon come and take over that title.
Nic wanted to know before he went to school what time he was born so I looked it up. 1:48 p.m. That reminded me that, Nicholas was by far my easiest pregnancy, delivery, and recovery. I was induced the morning of 2-9-2001. After a few hours of antibiotics, they broke my water and Nicholas was born weighing an even 7 lbs. He was a good baby but was sick a lot. We felt so bad for him with chronic ear-infections until tubes saved our life at about seven months.
This is one of my favorite pics of Nic because I love him in those dorky overalls! (standing next to dad who was about to attend his first Scouting event in a somewhat dorky look also)
O.K. back to the future. Here is how Nic's day went-
Since Nicholas loves his bacon, Travis made him breakfast before school. Eggs and Bacon. This is a definite birthday treat since a hot breakfast is NOT the norm in our family. I know, I'm not a good mom that way.
I sent him off to school and then picked him up a few hours later to go on a lunch date. Nicholas wanted to pick out his own birthday present this year so we headed to a skateboard shop so he could find just the right long board. We found it-
Then we headed to one of Nic's favorites, Panda Express for some orange chicken and rice. Back to school for a few hours and then-
We went out to eat another of Nicholas' picks for a delicious dinner. (minus Chloe who was at soccer practice)
Nic spent his spare time reading. He is turning into quite a bookworm!
We went home to open his presents from grandmas & grandpas.
His primary teachers brought him a giant donut- another of his favorites!
And then right before all the festivities were over, Nicholas realized he hadn't even blown out a single candle. We had a yummy dessert at the restaurant but he did NOT want them to sing so they didn't bother putting a candle in his pizzookie either. So to end the night, he lit a match and made a wish...
Happy Birthday Nicholas! Until next year...
P.S. I am not quite sure how my kids keep talking me into birthday parties this year??? Chloe somehow had a huge birthday party in December and now Nicholas talked me into 20 kids next week. More coverage on that later. Here is the invitation we made up tonight (a bit last minute, I know).




HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicky T Whats up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hope you had a great b day so sorry we couldn't be there.... I love your longboard it fits you perfectly....... LoVe SaDiE PoLlArD
ReplyDeleteHi Nic. i hope you had a happy happy birthday! i miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to see you soon! Happy Valentines Day! Love Emmaline Pollard
Sorry we are SOOOOO lame and didn't call on your Bday, Nicky T. I did a little post for you so you can feel our love. :) Miss you, Auntie Natalie
ReplyDeleteLOVE the invite! Cute, cute family!
ReplyDeleteRobyn
Man, I sure wish you would UPDATE your BLOG....DO IT!!!!!
ReplyDeletePlus your blog is SOOOOO professional, it is a hame not to update it. Mine is pretty shabby in comparison. Maybe you can give me some tips when you are here. :)
ReplyDelete