Saturday, January 28, 2012

pinewood derby

Nicholas had his last pinewood derby race this week.  I say last because he is out of Cub Scouts in 13 days.  I thought for sure, Nicholas wouldn't be doing a pinewood derby car this year but we couldn't be that lucky.

He was thrilled for the chance to build ANOTHER car.  I was less than thrilled but happily did a paint job for him. Travis is getting pretty good at wheels, and graphite. This is what we came up with...
The competition-

Watching the race.

After the official races were over Nic raced the 2 cars he made against each other.  The tank was a car he made with the left-overs, it is so heavy it barely made it down the track.

His car won several races but not the overall.  Nic was happy and I am glad we have about 3 years before Austin will need a derby car. 
  Nicholas won the "Best Workmanship" award.  Way to go Heidi!

No comments:

Post a Comment