Wednesday, December 8, 2010

thanksgiving recap

I don't want to skip a summary of Thanksgiving even though I am weeks behind.  Thanksgiving turned out FAR better than I ever expected.  This was our first Thanksgiving ever away and I wasn't sure I had the skills to pull it off alone, but it turned out just fine.  I think I even enjoyed it.

Michael, Carly, Avery & Pierson joined us from California and Jarrett, Priscilla, Carson & Brookelyn joined us from Lake Havasu.  We had so much fun with everyone!

Oh, and we had another dinner guest, Matt Williams from Mesa.  Matt & his family were our neighbors ten or so years ago in Idaho Falls.  It was fun to see him again.  I thought it was interesting to find out that my old Ford Probe that I sold to Matt's younger brother Jake in 2001 is still running. Jake is still driving the old silver bullet (as Travis used to call it).

The boys all spent the morning at the "Turkey Bowl" and the men came home with injuries and needing Ibuprofen for the next couple of day.  Nothing to serious that would prevent them from returning next year though!
And the women spent the morning in the kitchen. Sorry Carly about the not-so-good pic but it was the only one anyone snapped of our hard labor.
Priscilla and Carly let me take all the credit in this picture but they REALLY did help, a lot!
everything was delicious!
the kiddos table



and the adult table


And what is an Adams family dinner without black olives?

I might of made it sound like the women did all the work while the men played, and oh that wasn't so.  After the men played they all helped out A LOT!

After Thanksgiving there was football watching on T.V. and at the stadium, shopping, movies, playing games and shopping, oh I already said that.  Well, there was a lot of shopping.

Boys an ASU game.


The kids all got along so well, we were all surprised.  I felt like the whole weekend was a break because Austin was so entertained by his cousins, I hardly heard from him.


At the movies, watching "Tangled".
We hope our guests had as much fun as we did...until next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Rebecca taught me how to post a comment! All I have to do is click on the time stamp at the bottom of your post :)

    Your Thanksgiving looks delicious and your new family picture is beautiful. I got your mom's Christmas card the other day; she was the first one!

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete