Thursday, September 2, 2010

arrow of light


Holden was awarded his Arrow of Light last Thursday night at Pack meeting.  He has been waiting to receive all of his Webelo awards since he turned eleven in July.  The Cub master said Holden was the most decorated Cub Scout that they had ever had in the ward.  Credit for that definitely goes to Woodhaven Ward and the outstanding Scout leaders he had there.  As I was sewing everything on his shirt today, I thought of the ladies who were the reason for all of those patches & awards.  Thanks SO much to Marci Hurst, Carrie Despot and Kristen Mena!  Thanks for helping Holden and teaching me!

And thanks to Lisa Dewey for her help in Cub Scouts and also for letting me copy her great idea. I made this shadow box for Holden to hang in his bedroom. I was so happy how it turned out.  I hope it reminds Holden of all that he learned and also that with hard work you can accomplish great things!


I do have to say that even though we had awesome leaders in Idaho, here in Arizona we have the world's BEST Cub master.  This guy is better than anyone I have ever seen, every month I am blown away at the preparation he puts in for Pack meeting.  He is funny, entertaining and the boys LOVE him.  Thanks to Brother Cassinat!!!


This is something I hadn't seen before.  Typically I have seen I little wooden bridge that the boys walk over to signify their crossing over into Boy Scouts from Cub Scouts.  Holden had a much more exciting cross-over.  They had all the Boy Scouts lay on the gym floor, head to toe and form a human bridge.  Then Holden's new Boy Scout leaders picked him up and flew him over the human bridge of boys.  There were like 20 boys so it was quite a ride.

Way to go Holden!
  We are proud of all you accomplished in Cub Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment